I sit here as my house continues to get colder by the day, the hot water bottle has come out and all I want to do is sit at home watching countless Gilmore Girls episodes.
It’s the end of September!
Although it is getting colder, I am looking forward to wearing a coat and jumpers and walking through parks filled with red trees. October is here!
But before I welcome in October, here’s a roundup of what’s been going on the past month.
I saw The Killers twice
Not once but twice. The first night I saw them play the small show at Brixton Academy and it was so much fun to catch up with people I hadn’t seen in ages and also see the new look band. I can’t say i’m used to it just being two original members but I really appreciated Andy You’re a Star being played live for the first time in years.
And then I saw them again! A friend mentioned they were playing a small gig at the BBC as part of the One Show. I wasn’t working that day and decided to pop down and have a look. Glad I did as I managed to get a good spot to see them play live on TV and also caught a glimpse of Matt Baker. Ello Ello.
I managed to get a grainy photo of Flowers as he waited to go live.
I went to the foreign office for Open House London
Originally i’d intended to go and see a few things but didn’t realise how big the queue was going to be for anything I wanted to see. I’m looking at you Gherkin with your queues from 4am.
But the Foreign Office has always been on my list of places to visit and luckily the queues there weren’t too bad.
And I was so glad I went. It’s probably one of the prettiest buildings i’ve been in. Too pretty for Boris Johnson.Will have to do a full blog post on it at some point.
I focused on myself
This month has been about focusing on myself, writing and what I would like to do in the future with my career and keeping myself happy.
I’ve got plans to write a book which i’m hoping i’ll finally get down to before the end of this year.
In October it’s time to knuckle down and keep busy with all of my projects – from freelance journalism to the side project that is this blog.
My favourite blog posts I wrote this month
- I started my guide on freelancing launching it with info on how to pitch to inflight magazines.
- I finally posted about my trip to the Waldorf Astoria Amsterdam. I loved that place so much.
- I wrote about what I learnt during my last trip to Australia. Looking forward to my next trip in 2018!
- And I wrote about my love for The Killers. Currently enjoying Wonderful Wonderful quite a lot. Apart from the final song. Not a fan. Sorry.
Other blog posts I loved this month
And now it’s time to explore what other blog posts I loved this month from my favourite bloggers.
- The Cosy Traveller always has good posts but I adored reading about her mistakes as a travel blogger. Mainly because I know i’ve all done them!
- Pack Your Passport had me lusting over Amsterdam like i’ve never done before. I really enjoyed both of my times wandering around the city and it’s great to read a post by someone who loves it so much! She writes about why she keeps going back.
- Silverspoon London had a good time at the Goodwood Revival and I loved seeing the amazing pictures. I’m also in love with the Kate Spade dress she was wearing in the photos.
Moving onwards to October
What else is in store for October? Well i’m heading to Portsmouth on a work trip which I can’t wait to write about – it’s going to be so exciting! I’ve got a few concerts and then I have family heading over from Australia.
And i’m looking forwards to autumn Sunday walks.